Fitness Center Staffing & Management
Strive started out in fitness center management and staffing over a decade ago. Our roots in the physical fitness industry have allowed us to cultivate many key partnerships. We help you make sense of your onsite fitness center management, staffing and design needs. Strive offers professional fitness center management nationwide, to help you succeed with your fitness initiative. Outsourcing your fitness center management or gym staffing to Strive will:
- Minimize paperwork
- Reduce risk
- Keep your fitness center running at optimum levels
- Provide maximum benefits to your community
Here’s What Outsourcing a Fitness Center with Strive Looks Like
Strive fitness center management lets you focus on the big picture. How your onsite gym is benefiting the community. Our nationwide fitness center management services are all encompassing. We provide turnkey management, of all day-to-day fitness center operations:
Fitness Center Management Services
- Operational Services
- Hiring of all management and support staff
- Turnkey staff and financial management
- Daily operations, policies, and procedures
- Equipment Management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Safety and risk management
- Towel management service
- Janitorial service
- Fitness assessments
- Gym orientations
- Pre-participation screenings
- Exercise programs
- Personal training
- Group fitness classes
- Health coaching
- Incentive programs
- Health and wellness fairs
- Health screening events
- Innovative technology platforms
- Marketing and communications
- Health education seminars and webinars
- Participant satisfaction analysis and reporting
- Market demand and interest surveys
What are liabilities of running an onsite fitness center?
Employee gyms are a tremendous liability. Fitness club members drop weights, trip over or fall off machines, and get injured in exercise classes. They damage machines with incorrect use. There are significant concerns about how participants use onsite gym facilities. More than 464,000 injuries occur each year, related to exercise and fitness equipment. 52% of injuries are related to free weights, and 36% are related to fitness classes.
Hiring pre-screened, certified instructors and finding safe, and reliable equipment is just the beginning. Strive has comprehensive liability insurance coverage that fully-indemnifies our clients of risk. We prioritize safety, which is reflected in our internal safety policies for staff, services, and facility management.
Who are Strive fitness center staff?
Our full-time on-site gym staffing is provided by credentialed fitness professionals. A team for a fitness center typically consists of a fitness director and several specialists, depending on the size of a location and scope of work.
Strive staff working in our clients’ fitness centers have degrees in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or another health and fitness related field. They’ve completed a nationally-recognized Personal Training Certification such as:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
Plus, all Strive Well-Being fitness instructors are CPR and BLS certified. They have experience managing or working in corporate fitness center environments.
What functions do Strive fitness and management staff provide?
Strive outsourced fitness staff performs a wide range of responsibilities at an employee gym:
- Providing oversight and management of the facility.
- Processing employee/participation enrollment and liability waivers.
- Ensuring members are exercising safely.
- Accommodating participant limitations, special needs, or injuries.
- Conducting gym orientations and fitness assessments.
- Giving personal training services.
- Offering health and wellness information and education.
- Coordinating the aerobics fitness class schedule.
- Integrating the fitness center into other well-being initiatives.
- Collecting and incorporating participant feedback for program improvements.
- Putting together fun engagement programs and challenges for members.
Working onsite, all fitness staff wear Strive or client-approved uniforms and name tags so gym goers can easily identify their onsite fitness professionals.