On-Site Chair Massage
We love our clients
Over the past 10 years, we’ve supported virtually every industry sector, including many Fortune 500 Companies and Government Agencies
- Nothing relieves sore muscles, melts away tension, and promotes relaxation like a good massage. For stressed-out employees, Onsite Chair Massage services like the ones offered by Strive not only help to relieve muscle aches and work-related pain, but they’re also a surefire way to boost employee morale and show your staff they’re valued and appreciated.Onsite Chair Massage has become a popular employee perk, with 11% of companies offering employee massages at work. Companies like Boeing and Eddie Bauer are among those who bring certified masseurs on site for employees on a regular basis, and Google’s in-house massage program is so legendary, it provides over 100,000 annual hours of massage in multiple rooms, with services available eight hours per day on five days per week.Of course, getting a massage at work is a luxurious thrill for employees, but there are plenty of benefits to adding Onsite Chair Massage services to an Employer Stress Management program. Research shows that massage has both physical and mental benefits that can help companies to reduce absenteeism, lower employee stress levels, and minimize pain – especially due to work-related conditions like prolonged sitting.In fact, some experts have deemed excessive sitting to be “the new smoking” to help Americans understand the dangers of inactivity. Recent studies have shown that sitting for long periods of time is linked to a number of health conditions, from obesity to higher blood pressure, more elevated blood sugar, and higher cholesterol levels. Sitting for prolonged periods at work can also wreak havoc on your muscles, bones, legs, and back. Excessive sitting has even been associated with an increased risk of death. When you consider the average full-time American worker puts in 8.5 hours per day, and many spend the majority of that time sitting at a desk or in meetings, the implications for employers become crystal clear.There are many ways to combat the effects of sitting for too long at work – including workplace wellness initiatives like those offered by Strive that include onsite fitness classes and other activities that encourage workers to move. Onsite Chair Massage – like the services offered as part of Strive’s Employee Stress Management program – are also an effective way to help combat the negative effects of sitting, while also helping to stimulate productivity, reduce stress, and boost employee happiness.Several recent studies have shown the effectiveness of Onsite Chair Massage at relieving physical effects created by workplace behaviors:
Clearly, chair massage is effective at combating the effects of sitting for too long – and that’s just the beginning.The benefits Onsite Chair Massage at work also extend to better mental health for employees. Just 15 minutes of massage has been shown to have an impact on stress-related symptoms. When it comes to employee mood and overall well-being, chair massage also:
- Women who received workplace massage twice a week for a month experienced a decrease in the duration of musculoskeletal aches and pains and an increase in the range of motion when performing workplace activities.
- Another company that offered employees onsite chiropractic services cut absenteeism almost by half.
- When employees received chair massage specifically to relieve pain from caused by excessive sitting, both pain threshold and relaxation increased, and muscle tension decreased after just four weeks.
Adding Onsite Chair Massage services from Strive is an easy and affordable way to reach a wide number of employees with a stress management option that offers physical and mental benefits. It also has the added value of delighting employees, making them feel appreciated, prized, and pampered.Strive works with an extensive network of professionally-licensed, fully-insured, and pre-screened Massage Therapists located across the country. That means we can accommodate your needs anywhere your business operates – or for special occasions, like out-of-town professional conferences or corporate retreats. Accustomed to working in corporate and event environments, these therapeutic massage specialists are fully-trained in seated massage techniques and will interact with your employees in a friendly, professional manner to ensure a comfortable atmosphere and relaxing experience.You can opt to schedule Onsite Chair Massage on a recurring basis – like once per week or twice per month – or you can add massage chair services for an occasion– like an employee recognition banquet or the company holiday party. You can even create a complete Mobile Spa event that combines Onsite Chair Massage with Aromatherapy Bars, On-Site Yoga, Meditation, and Reflexology for a fully-relaxing and indulgent employee experience. Onsite Chair Massage services can be fully-funded by the employer and are also available on an employee-contribution basis.Your Strive project manager will handle every aspect of your Chair Massage Services. That includes everything from hiring trained professionals and arranging necessary equipment to implementing and managing an online scheduling system for your employees and administrators to setting up the event or program. We’ll also offer 24/7 support and online administrative tools to ensure you’re satisfied at every turn.On the day you’ve scheduled Onsite Chair massage services, our prescreened mobile massage therapists will come to you, bringing all the tools they need. Simply provide a place for them to perform chair massage for your employees, and they’ll arrive early to set up their supplies and equipment. Then, the fun part begins, and your employees actually get to enjoy their massages!
- reduces anxiety
- lowers levels of cortisol, which is a hormone associated with stress
- boosts brain function
- and elevates serotonin and dopamine – which can have positive effects on sleep and mood
As with any of Strive’s Stress Management programs, Onsite Chair Massage can be added to other wellness initiatives, like Fitness Classes or Mindfulness Meditation. No matter how extensive your program, how many locations you have, or how many components you add, your project manager will keep track of the entire scope of your initiative. That means every aspect comes from one place, including:
- If you’re featuring Onsite Chair Massage at a health fair or special event, participants don’t need to schedule sessions – they can simply walk up for a 5-10 minute or 10-15 minute massage, depending upon your preference.
- If you’re hosting recurring Onsite Chair Massage as an employee perk and tool for stress management, you can choose 10-, 15-, 20-, or 30-minute sessions, and employees can sign up online or on a posted sign-up sheet, all managed by your assigned Strive coordinator.
- program personnel
- program equipment
- marketing materials
- program reports and assessments
Contact us to learn about our entire catalog of workplace wellness programming.
Start creating your customized wellness initiative today.