We love our clients
Over the past 10 years, we’ve supported virtually every industry sector, including many Fortune 500 Companies and Government Agencies
- When it comes to America’s health habits, there’s a big divide between knowing what you need to do to be healthy and actually doing it. While 72% of Americans recognize the need for healthy eating habits and 71% recognize the need for exercise to boost their health and improve their odds for a longer life, only 41% report eating healthfully each day, and only 52% meet daily recommendations for aerobic exercise. To improve these numbers and Americans’ overall wellness, Health Coaching, like the services offered by Strive, are starting to gain popularity as an important component in Employer Wellness Programs.In addition to leading to obesity, which affects more than 35% of Americans, poor eating and exercise habits also increase your risk of developing preventable diseases. In the United States, the leading causes of death are heart disease and cancer. If Americans made behavioral changes like getting better nutrition, lowering their weights, and increasing physical activity, studies show that 34% of premature deaths from heart diseases and 21% of premature cancer deaths could be prevented. That would result in over 175,000 Americans potentially living longer lives each year.Health coaches can be instrumental in helping employees to make these behavioral changes and reduce their risk factors for disease, resulting in lower healthcare costs for employers. A health coach is a certified wellness professional who:
Different from fitness coaches or personal trainers who have fitness-related certifications, health coaches are trained and certified in healthcare and wellness related fields and provide overall health improvement strategies in addition to specific instruction. They look at each client’s individual health risk factors and then create a plan to reduce those risks and improve overall health. While they’re not medical professionals and can’t diagnose or treat medical issues, health coaches can work with medical teams to manage health conditions and prevent additional health issues from arising.Another aspect of health coaching involves motivating your employees to make a commitment to better health and to follow through on the steps needed to do that. They don't just focus on short-term diets or temporary workout programs; they provide the foundation for a lifelong commitment to wellness. By forming a personal relationship with each client, a health coach put themselves “on the same page” and can understand when and why a client may be struggling. They can then tailor their approach and adjust the behavioral modifications based on what the client needs.Health Coaching is an evidence-based and outcomes-based approach to minimizing health risk factors, and research shows that it's incredibly effective. One study found that 89% of participants who received health coaching by telephone for six months or less met one of their goals, with improvements in nutrition, exercise, stress levels, motivation, and overall physical and mental wellness.Additional research shows that health coaching:
- educates your employees about health-related topics
- helps identify health-related goals
- and creates personalized plans for meeting those goals
Health coaching also reduces healthcare costs that often get passed along to the employer. One study found that participants who worked with health coaches for between four weeks and six months reduced outpatient healthcare costs by $286 per month and had total healthcare cost savings of $412 per month.Strive’s Health Coaching services can be added to your existing Workplace Fitness and Wellness program or can be offered as a stand-alone wellness benefit for your employees. All of our health coaches are certified by ACE or Wellcoaches, which require CPR, AED, and other wellness credentialing for enrollment in the Health Coaching training program. Strive also conducts background and reference checks and requires health coaches to meet minimum experience requirements.Health Coaching is available onsite by a certified health coach, or you can offer sessions by telephone or by Skype. Phone and online sessions are particularly convenient if your employees work remotely or are located in offices across the country. You can set up health coaching sessions as often as you’d like, based on your needs and scheduled for your employees' convenience. Many employers make health coaching available to their employees on a monthly basis, but some clients provide coaching sessions as often as weekly with very high engagement.Health Coaching is a qualified medical expense under the House and Senate Health Savings Acts of 2016, and Strive can work with your organization to find the financing options that meet your needs – including working with Wellness Dollars and other healthcare funding initiatives. We’re also a Strategic Vendor with many large health insurance providers, which allows us to directly-bill these insurance companies for your Health Coaching services.All of Strive’s Workplace Fitness and Wellness Program services can be combined with other employer-sponsored wellness services like Stress Management or Musculoskeletal Strengthening programs. You can offer your program in one location or across offices nationwide. No matter how simple or extensive your program, the entire initiative will be handled by your Strive Project Manager. Strive will appoint this single point of contact to handle every aspect of your program, like:
- Is effective at helping patients control chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure, both of which increase the risk for cardiovascular disease.
- helps participants to lose weight, with participants in a 24-week weight-loss program working with health coaches losing an average of 9% of their body weight – and over half of them losing 10% or more of their body weight.
- is effective at helping participants to meet daily exercise goals through remote coaching with an interactive video component.
- Marketing the program, with flyers, posters, email templates, and other materials you can share with your employees
- Hiring pre-screened, certified health coaches
- Distributing and managing employee liability forms
- Managing your Health Coaching schedule, including employee enrollment and session scheduling in person, by phone, or online
- Program administration and invoicing, reducing your paperwork and hassle
Contact us to learn about our entire catalog of workplace wellness programming.
Start creating your customized wellness initiative today.