Corporate Fitness & Wellness Challenges
We love our clients
Over the past 10 years, we’ve supported virtually every industry sector, including many Fortune 500 Companies and Government Agencies
- Corporate Fitness and Wellness Challenges like the ones created by Strive are all the rage, with everything from “The Biggest Loser” contests to workplace walking programs popping up in companies across the country. Not only is a workplace wellness challenge a great way to engage your workforce, promote team building, and improve employee health, but it can also help increase participation in your Employee Wellness Program, resulting in better ROI and lower health care costs for your organization.Research shows that employee wellness plans are effective at reducing absenteeism and health care costs, as well as helping employees to improve overall well-being. Some of the most successful workplace wellness programs have yielded results like:
Of course, your employee wellness program is only effective when your employees actually participate in the classes, health screenings, and educational seminars and webinars you provide. A Corporate Fitness and Wellness Challenge gives your employees an incentive to get involved and allows them to watch their progress over the course of the competition. By the end of your workplace wellness challenge, employees will be more familiar with the programming you offer – and will be more motivated to use it to continue to see health improvements like weight loss or lower BMI.Companies across the country have achieved significant results by implementing employee fitness challenges. These are just a few examples of that success:
- an ROI of $3.27 in saved medical costs
- an ROI of $2.73 for reducing absenteeism
- a 25% reduction in sick leave, workers comp, disability insurance, and health plan costs
Even more compelling, researchers have discovered that group competition and incentives – like the prizes awarded to winners of Corporate Fitness and Wellness Challenges – are actually more effective at helping participants lose weight and keep it off than individual incentives. Participants in a weight loss program at Philadelphia’s Children’s Hospital were divided into two groups. Group #1 each won $100 individually for each month they reached their weight loss goals, but if they missed their goals, the hospital kept the money. Group #2 competed against four other employees for a $500 pot– with everyone who reached their goals splitting the money. At the end of six months, Group #1 lost an average of almost 4 pounds, while the Group #2 lost nearly 11 pounds. Group #2 was also more successful at keeping the weight off 12 weeks later.When you work with Strive, we’ll help you create a Corporate Fitness and Wellness Challenge specifically-designed to meet your strategic objectives. We've designed successful events for a wide range of clients – including a large-scale two day “Amazing Race” challenge for over 30,000 employees of the County of San Diego. We also helped the San Bernardino City Unified School District increase engagement with an existing employee wellness portal by creating an onsite physical activity challenge that included a variety of classes, and a countywide wellness challenge event managed by Strive that won an award from the National Counties Association.Whether you’re hoping to get your employees to log on and interact with your existing wellness portal or you want them to become more active in your fitness center, Strive can help you design a challenge to accomplish your goal. Your worksite fitness challenge can incorporate any of our available programming, from Onsite Group Fitness Classes and Onsite Personal Training to Educational Seminars and Webinars or Onsite Nutritionists and Health Coaching, so there are plenty of options for designing a competition that’s unique and will appeal specifically to your staff.To generate even more excitement, you can launch your employee fitness challenge with an employee Health Screening Event to record initial data like weight and BMI – or you can bring in an Onsite Nutritionist for a healthy cooking demo to get everyone excited about losing weight. Throughout the challenge, we'll track employee improvements so they (and you) can watch their progress. The success of the wellness challenge itself can be measured by overall employee participation or by fitness parametric improvements – or both, depending upon your goals.To create your Corporate Fitness Challenge, Strive will assign a personal project manager to coordinate every aspect of your program. That single point of contact will handle everything, including:
- Over 32,000 employees participated in Kroger’s “I Can Do That! Walking Challenge,” which encouraged employees to use a pedometer to track daily steps and earn prizes. By the end of the challenge, Kroger employees logged 3.7 million steps and lost 57,500 pounds.
- American Licorice Co’s annual 13-week “Biggest Loser” challenge features onsite weigh-ins to help employees track their weight loss progress through diet and exercise. By the third year, nearly half of the staff at the company headquarters had participated in the challenge, and 71% of those who did lost weight.
You can work with Strive exclusively for your employee wellness challenge, or you can add a challenge as a part of a comprehensive turnkey employee wellness initiative. No matter what, your designated project manager will take care of your entire program, minimizing administrative burdens that come from working with multiple vendors. We can even directly bill some large health insurance providers that have designated Strive as a strategic vendor, simplifying the process even more.
- Designing a workplace fitness challenge that meets your goals
- Providing marketing flyers and posters for your employees
- Getting employees signed up, distributing, and collecting liability waivers
- Arranging any staffing or equipment needed for your challenge
- Setting up supporting programming like Health Screening Events
- Providing ongoing reports to assess participation and results
- Billing and administration for your challenge and any additional Strive services or programs
Contact us to learn about our entire catalog of workplace wellness programming.
Start creating your customized wellness initiative today.