Healthy Living Workshops
We love our clients
Over the past 10 years, we’ve supported virtually every industry sector, including many Fortune 500 Companies and Government Agencies
- As Baby Boomers reach retirement age, America’s population is now among the oldest it’s ever been, with nearly 50 million people over the age of 65. With age comes the increased risk of injury, disease, and chronic pain, and many communities are seeking ways to help older community members overcome the health issues caused by chronic conditions like diabetes, arthritis, or obesity. Healthy Living Workshops like the ones offered by Strive are an evidence-based solution that helps educate this population about how to manage chronic conditions, prevent health problems from developing, and improve overall quality of life.Chronic diseases are pervasive in America. At least 60% of Americans have been diagnosed with an ongoing medical condition like heart disease or diabetes, and 42% deal with more than one of these conditions simultaneous. Chronic diseases, which also include arthritis, stroke, cancer, and obesity, account for 86% of percent of America’s $2.7 trillion annual health care costs.Of course, the human impact of chronic disease is even more devastating. Chronic conditions account for seven of the top 10 causes of death. Heart disease alone is responsible for 25% of all deaths, killing 610,000 people each year. Arthritis is the most common cause of disability, and nearly half of adults with the condition say it makes daily activities more difficult. Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure and blindness. Obese adults pay $1429 more in medical costs each year than people at healthy weights.The good news is that many chronic diseases can be prevented or managed by behavioral changes. Four unhealthy behaviors are responsible for the majority of complications, pain, and early death from chronic conditions:
When these behaviors are addressed and replaced by healthier habits chronic diseases not only improve, but sometimes, they're reversed altogether. Healthy Living Workshops are a proven and effective resource for helping to effect this kind of behavioral change.Healthy Living Workshops, like those offered by Strive, help to educate communities about wellness-related topics that are crucial for maintaining good health. Studies have shown that merely providing community members with health-related information and advice can have a dramatic impact on health habits. One review of workplace nutritional workshops found that participants did everything from eating more fruits and vegetables to reducing fat intake and cholesterol. Another study found a program that taught people how to manage hypertension decreased the risk of heart attack by 24%, and the CDC’s diabetes prevention program has been shown to reduce diabetes risk by as much as 58%.Teaching community members to adopt healthier habits and manage chronic conditions is an evidence-based method for reducing the risk of disease, decreasing pain, improving health, and achieving positive outcomes. Participants also benefit from feeling empowered by the ability to take control of their health and their chronic conditions, increasing self-confidence and self-esteem.The Healthy Living Workshops offered by Strive are held over a six week period, allowing community members enough time to get familiar with the instructor, bond with classmates, and implement the healthy habits they learn. Participants meet for two and a half hours each week to hear about everything from how to manage their medications to how to improve relationships with friends and family. They also learn health-specific information like how to:
- Not getting enough exercise
- Eating a poor diet
- Drinking to excess
These workshops are interactive and create a supportive, safe environment for participants to engage with one another, offer encouragement, and realize they're not alone. Often, friends and family members also join these workshops – and anyone in the community looking to develop healthier habits is invited to attend.To help participants feel more comfortable, Strive hires two Healthy Living Workshop instructors for each class – both of whom are trained professionals and at least one of whom also has a chronic condition. We perform extensive prescreening – including checking credentials, backgrounds, and references. All of our instructors are experienced in working with a wide range of ages and are knowledgeable about a variety of chronic diseases.A primary concern that comes with providing any type of medical advice is the liability your organization can incur – but Strives takes care of that with comprehensive liability coverage – including workers compensation. Our provision of services ensures that your organization is fully indemnified of risk.To help you create your Healthy Living Workshops schedule, you’ll be assigned a Strive Project Manager who will serve as your representative for every aspect of your program, start to finish. Strive Healthy Living Workshops Services include:
- improve strength and flexibility through exercise
- eat healthfully for proper nutrition
- relax and manage stress
- deal with the mental and emotional strain of chronic disease
- manage existing chronic conditions like diabetes
- and more.
You can choose multiple options that run simultaneously, or you can offer individual workshops – or offer different classes back-to-back on an ongoing basis.You also can complement your Healthy Living Workshops with other Strive Community Evidence-Based Well Being Programs – like Dance or Art Therapy classes and Tai Chi for Balance – or other wellness services. Our full catalog of programming includes everything from Musculoskeletal Strengthening Classes and Onsite Stretching to Stress Management classes and Onsite Group Fitness, Personal Training, Health Coaching, and more. Your selections can be implemented in a single location, in multiple community centers, or in locations nationwide.Anything you choose to add to your initiative will be overseen by your Strive Project Manager. We'll start by helping you select the Healthy Living Workshops that best suits your population, and then we'll handle the entire implementation, including:
- Healthier living with chronic conditions
- Healthier living with diabetes
- Healthier living with diabetes empowerment education program
- Healthier living with Chronic pain and self-management
- Healthy eating for successful living
With just one point of contact, setting up your programming couldn’t be easier.
- Creating posters and flyers, you can share with your community to promote your workshops
- Handling participant sign up/enrollment and electronic liability waivers
- Hiring qualified instructors and arranging where your workshops will be held
- Sharing regular reports to help you analyze participation and engagement
- Generating administrative paperwork and billing for every aspect, so you get paperwork from one source
Contact us to learn about our entire catalog of workplace wellness programming.
Start creating your customized wellness initiative today.